Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Glimpsing Through Shell Ice

As I stood before these chards of ice with various natural objects lying inside them, I became entranced by their luminosity. With the medium of encaustic on board I began to represent this fragile, transitory slates of nature.


The resulting work now make up a series of four 12" x 12" boards that have become mixed media pieces containing what I saw that day, luminous areas of lines, shapes, pieces of dried leaves, seeds. I also embedded the haiku Bob created to commemorate these delicate formations. I hope you enjoy this collaborative work as well. It claims as its title: 


Glimpsing through Shell Ice


glimpsing through shell ice
assuming aqua spirit
grey trunks nod, yearning



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Do I really beging each comment with "Wow"?
    I recall picking up some ice at good old 1051, by the Millar's property line, and using it to keep some food cold, flat, thick, hard ice.
    The haiku is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning images, Linda, and a great poem to go with them.

    ReplyDelete